At Fount Estremiero, tranquility is everything. And yet there’s a vibrant energy in the air.
We have three rental formulas:
- B&B formula:breakfast is included in the price, as well as use of the pool, sauna, hammam and jacuzzi. You will also have acces to two lounges, one with stove and one with open fireplace, a pool table, board games and DVDs. On request,
- Apartment formula: the apartment has its own entrance, kitchen, lounge, dining table bathroom and terras. The formula is available starting from two nights. Up to six persons can sleep in the apartment. You will have full access to sauna, hammam, jacuzzi and pool.
- Rental of the entire house: rent the entire holiday home, with sleeping space for up to twenty people. The whole house is at your disposal: a very spacious kitchen, all 4 bedrooms and the apartment. You will have full access to sauna, hammam and jacuzzi as well as to the pool from mid April until the first week of November.
On Request, we offer breakfast and dinner and we offer an extensive drinks menu.
Who are we?
Hi! We are Robin Quataert and Sarah Tusschans. We’re a couple, in our early twenties and just moved from Belgium to the South of France, excited to start this new adventure.
Fount Estremiero and Sarah & Robin offer you:
Quietness – because of its isolated location. The nearest shop is 20 minutes by car. The house is surrounded with chestnut forests. There is no sound but the splashing of a water stream coming from the spring.
Relaxation – relax in our spa with a heated pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam (Turkish bath) and plunge pool to cool down again; or go for a walk in the woods and fill your lungs with fresh air.
Wine and dine – with Sarah in the kitchen, your dinners will be delicious. She is a graduated chef cook and sommelier and uses a lot of regional and local products and bio vegetables grown herself in the garden. Being passionate about wines – both Sarah and Robin are- they've just bought their own vineyard and are learning everything about being winegrowers. They serve a wide range of wines, and occasionally discover the area in search for new bottles.
What makes Fount Estremiero so special?
For Sarah, it is the memory of coming here every summer holidays for two months since she was a teenager. ‘A part of us – me, my sister, and many of our friends - grew up here. Making treehouses during summer, searching mushrooms in the woods during autumn, playing board games next to the cozy fire during winter, and seeing how the plants began to grow again in spring.’
For Robin, it was love at first side –not only with Sarah, but also when he arrived for the first time at Fount Estremiero. He has been joining Sarah’s family for many years now and has grown equally attached to the place.
About the house
The house on the domain was built in 1873 and is named after the nearby water source, Fount Estremiero, occitan for hidden source.The house has been thoroughly renovated in recent years, with respect for its history. The house has two kitchens, seven sleeping rooms with attached bathrooms, two lounges and a large dining table. Outside we find a swimming pool on spring water and salt, a jacuzzi, turkish steam bath and sauna as well as outdoor shower and cold plunge pool.
The house consists mainly of wood and thick natural stone walls. Coziness is a key word at Fount Estremiero, ensuring that the domain is also during winter a very pleasant destination. There are several fireplaces (wood available), club chairs, pool table, library, DVDs and books for colder evenings.
The village is named Castans, which is actually a group of 7 even smaller settlements. Castans is located in the Montagne Noire, a mountain range at the end of the Central Massif. The nearest shop is a 20 minute drive. The nearest city is Carcassonne, which is a 45 minute drive.
How to get there?
We offer pick-up services from:
- Carcassonne airport (€50 one way)
- Carcassonne train station (€50 one way)
- Narbonne train station (€75 one way)
- Toulouse airport (€100 one way)
If you come by car, parking places are provided.
Although it's a bit isolated location, there's plenty of things to do in the area. Go to See & Do.
The village of Castans is a 5 min walk from the b&b.
An UNESCO world heritage monument, Carcassonne castle, or the 'cité' , is a must see in the neighborhood.